Saturday, September 15, 2007

Breaking News

I think I caught pregnant. Not that I'm having a kid or anything wild like that. I took Intro to Organismal Biology (twice) so I know what needs to go down first. Rather, I think I stood too close to a pregnant lady somewhere and have caught her pregnancy symptoms. What follows is hard and fast anecdotal evidence.

1. I woke up nauseous this week (twice). (Morning Sickness!)

2. Today, I was standing in the laundromat watching Pay It Forward on TNT. When it gets to the end (!spoiler alert!) and the whole community gathers to bid farewell to Helen Hunt's dead son, revealing just how much he has taught the world - including the town bullies who look really, really sorry that he's dead - it took all of my restraint not to weep openly. That part is not weird. I have a heart, good for me. What's weird is this was the only part of the movie I saw - ever. I walked in, saw the candles and sad Helen Hunt and having invested absolutely nothing in the movie, nearly had a public breakdown. Because I'm hormonal. Because of the pregnancy. Because of the baby someone else is having.

Then Cellular came on and I almost cried again but for different reasons. The other side of the laundromat was playing National Lampoon's Vacation but it was too crowded over there so I read a book: What Not to Expect When You're Not Expecting. Jay Kay! It was Pride and Prejudice.

No comments: