Sunday, November 18, 2007

I live in the wrong city

I don't say or think the above very often. But when it comes to opportunities related to historical re-enactments, I feel secure in saying that New York is not the best location on the eastern coast of the continental United States.

And now I hear about this - apparently annual - event in Philadelphia:

INDEPENDENCE LIVING HISTORY CENTER Third and Chestnut streets, 215-629-4026, www.onceuponanation.org. 1776 (1972, U.S., 180 min.) Sing along to this musical about the making of the Declaration of Independence! Fri. and Sun., June 29 and July 1, 7 p.m., $8-$12 includes a goody bag of props.

I can promise you that nothing - and I do mean nothing - will keep me from attending this year.

If you have not seen 1776...you should go do that right now. Unless you hate freedom. Old freedom, that is.

No comments: