Monday, September 22, 2008

My mom hates the Beatles. Don't worry, guys - she's still cool. Her feelings involve a very complicated turn of logic that include a particular appreciation for Davy Jones.

What this means is I never really listened to the Beatles growing up - except for the way their work has seeped so deeply into the fabric of popular culture that it's impossible to avoid. Anyway, I got to go away to college and "discover" the Beatles - and have it be a rebellious thing. My first year at Swells, I definitely spent at least one weekend on the floor of my dorm room, listening to their albums in chronological order, having borrowed them from the Wellesley Free Library. Good times.

We're listening to the "George Harrison" station on Pandora. It made me think of that.

No comments: