Saturday, February 14, 2009

Somebody just asked if I had plans for tonight and I answered:

"Buying a cardigan."

And I'm actually happy about that. In addition to the fact that tomorrow will be ridiculously busy, this is one of the first years that I feel like I don't have something to prove and therefore don't feel the quiet sting of having to hide behind an "alterna-Valentine's Day" that involves

1) Watching "Love Actually" in a theatre full of undergraduate females
2) Dating Heidi because she and Brian were still trying to figure out "their deal"
3) ...I have no recollection of what I did last year.

Point made.

There was originally a part of this post that said "If I had my druthers" and then it had a great joke about "boy, do I need more druthers."

No longer relevant, but putting it there anyway.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

For the record, you were one of the best Valentines EVER. Hands down. Off the charts.

Even though I couldn't get you to put out, I'm pretty sure I did hold your hand at one point during the movie...

Last year I bought cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery and we sat through tech. I think there was Italian food involved.