Friday, March 20, 2009

Things that are true:

I need a new travel toothbrush. I absolutely, willfully left my apartment without brushing my teeth this morning. I did make it to a production meeting on time though (and found gum) so the sacrifice wasn't a complete failure.

I love coupons.

I filled out one of those ... bracket things ... but never submitted it to our General Management Assistant for eligibility in the office pool. And all but one of my randomly chosen brackets have been correct.

I dropped a tiny cookie on the floor next to my desk and now I can't find it.

No one in New York is selling chocolate chip muffins anymore.

I've never watched Felicity, but I'm pretty sure I'd like it and think I will be adding it to my queue. I have a special affection for those "single woman in the city" shows. It might be the voice-overs. Yes. I identify with women and their voice-overs.

For example, last night I was walking up to Union Square to meet Dom and thinking, I wonder if there's a word to describe the feeling you have when you remember a memory that should make you happy but then it makes you sad because it's a memory and not a present-tense experience. And then I thought, I bet the French have a word for it. And then I thought, wow - my life is just like a TV show sometimes.

And then I hated myself. But just a little.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Felicity is great, I hope you went for it. I also hope you've finally seen The Tudors.

Am I commenting on your blog instead of writing a presentation that's due tomorrow and I could have been writing ALL DAY? Why yes, yes I am.